Founded in 1921 by Theodore and Herman Strahman, the company started as a distributor of European products in the U.S. market. As the company grew, the Strahmans began to design and manufacture their own line of valve products and developed the piston sampling and drain valve market. Their goal was to provide superior equipment that was able to meet customers more stringent emerging demands. A few years later a complete line of high-quality wash down equipment was added to the product mix.
In 1958, the company moved from New York City to New Jersey to meet the continuing growing demand for its high-quality valve and wash down products. In 2004, we entered the custom made fabricated valve market by acquiring MG Process Valves in Mery, France. MG was a leader in the design and manufacture of specialty valves for critical applications. This acquisition enabled Strahman to extend its U.S. capability to every international market and bring new innovative European products to the U.S.
In 2006, continued growth caused Strahman Valves to move its headquarters and U.S. operations to a larger and new state-of-the-art facility in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and upgrade its capabilities in Mery, France.
From those early beginnings to its present position as the global leader in the design and manufacture of the highest quality, innovative wash down equipment and custom process valves, Strahman products remain the premier standard for numerous industrial and commercial applications in the refinery, chemical, petrochemical, oil/gas, mining, pulp and paper, polymer, pharmaceutical, food processing and service, beverage and dairy industries.